|Total Number: 5|
|Total Number: 8|
(1) “Training of Teachers on Teaching methods and Techniques” organized by Modernization of Crop Science Education for Production of Quality Graduates at BAU (CP-2014), HEQEP, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, during 1 -10 September, 2012.
(2) “Teaching Methods and Techniques” organized by Graduate Training Institute (GTI), Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, during 21 April to 03 May, 2012.
(3) “Project Cycle Management and TAPP Preparation” organized by GTI, BAU, Mymensingh, during 30 April to 04 May 2006.
(4) “Web Page Design and Hosting” organized by GTI, BAU, Mymensingh, during 26 to 28 February, 2006.
(5) “Statistical Methods for Agricultural Research” organized by GTI, BAU, Mymensingh, during 17-28 January 2004.
(6) “Scientific Report Writing” organized by GTI, BAU, Mymensingh, during 19 to 24 June 2004.
(7) “A short course on communicative English” arranged by the Dept. of Language, BAU, during September- October 2002.
(8) “Administration, Office management and Communication” during 14 to 27 May 2001, organized by GTI, BAU, Mymensingh.
|Total Number: 75|
(14)"Silicon and nano-silicon in environmental stress management and crop quality improvement: recent progress and future prospects"Eds. Etesami H, Al-Saeedi AH,El-Ramaday H, Fujita M, Pessarakli M, Hossain MA, Elsevier, USA(in progress)
(13)"Selenium and nano-selenium in environmental stress management and crop quality improvement"2022, Eds, Hossain MA, Ahmmed GJ,Kolbert Z, El-Ramaday H, Islam MT, Schiavon M, Springer, USA (in progress)
(12)“ Molecular Breeding in Wheat, Maize and Sorghum: Strategies for improving abiotic stress tolerance and yield” 2021, Eds, Hossain MA, Alam M, Seneweera S, Rakshit S,Henry R, CABI, UK (https://www.cabi.org/bookshop/book/9781789245448/)
(11)"Brassica Breeding and Biotechnology"2021, Eds, Islam AKMA,Hossain MA and Islam AKMM,InTech Open Limited, UK(in progress)(https://mts.intechopen.com/welcome/1afe175ea39b01d4e6e0c9d6427486a6//a80ac0e94/9686?fbclid=IwAR2RSVVAiPWWIva6dkWQaHWwgydL1QfE4i0SMXKLhfv3hLpnSQ92eZDdsVQ).
(10) “Molecular breeding for rice abiotic stress tolerance and nutritional quality” 2021, Eds, Hossain MA, Hassan L, Ifterkharuddaula KM, Kumar A, Henry R, Wiley, USA(https://www.wiley.com/en-jp/Molecular+Breeding+for+Rice+Abiotic+Stress+Tolerance+and+Nutritional+Quality-p-9781119633112)
(9) “Osmoprotectant-mediated abiotic stress tolerance in plants: recent advances and future perspectives” 2019, Eds, Hossain MA, Kumar V, Burritt DJ, Fujita M and Mäkelä P, Sprigner, USA (https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030274221)
(8) “Priming-mediated stress and cross-stress tolerance in crop plants” 2019, Eds, Hossain MA, Fulai L, Burritt DJ, Fujita M and Huang B, Elsevier, USA (https://www.elsevier.com/books/priming-mediated-stress-and-cross-stress-tolerance-in-crop-plants/hossain/978-0-12-817892-8)
(7) “Ascorbate in plant growth, development and stress tolerance”2018, Eds. Hossain MA, Sergi Munné-Bosch S, Burritt DJ, Vivancos PD, Fujita M and Lorence A, Sprigner, USA (https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319740560).
(6) “Plant micronutrient use efficiency: molecular and genomic perspectives in crop plants”2018, Eds. Hossain MA, Kamiya T, Burrit DJ, Tran LS and Fujiwara T, Elsevier, USA (https://www.elsevier.com/books/plant-micronutrient-use-efficiency/hossain/978-0-12-812104-7).
(5) “Plant macronutrient use efficiency: molecular and genomic perspectives in crop plants”2017, Eds. Hossain MA, Kamiya T, Burrit DJ, Tran LS and Fujiwara T, Elsevier, San Diego, USA (https://www.elsevier.com/books/plant-macronutrient-use-efficiency/hossain/978-0-12-811308-0)
(4) “Glutathione in plant growth, development and stress tolerance”2017, Eds. Hossain MA, Mostofa MG, Vivancos PD, Burritt D J, Fujita M, Tran LS, Springer International Publishing Switzerland (http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319666815).
(3) “Drought Tolerance in Plants, Vol 2: Molecular and Genetic Perspectives” 2016, Eds. Hossain MA, WaniSH, Bhattacharjee S, Burritt DJ and Tran LS (eds.), Springer International Publishing Switzerland; http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319324210).
(2) “Drought Tolerance in Plants, Vol 1: Physiology and Biochemistry” 2016, Eds. Hossain MA, Wani SH, Bhattacharjee S, Burritt DJ and Tran LS (eds.), Springer International Publishing Switzerland; http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319288970).
(1) “Managing Salt Tolerance in Plants: Molecular and Genomic Perspectives”2015, Eds. Wani SH and Hossain MA, CRC press, Taylor and Francis Group, USA; https://www.crcpress.com/Managing -Salt-Tolerance-in-Plants-Molecular-and-Genomic-Perspectives/Wani-Hossain/p/book/9781482245134
Selected Research & Review Articles Published in International Journal
(49)Farzana S, Rasel M, Tahjib‑Ul‑Arif M, Hossain MA, Azam MG, Galib MAA, Mahamud AGMSU and Hossain MA (2021) Salicylic acid and thiourea ameliorate the negative impact of salt stress in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedlings by up-regulating photosynthetic pigments, leaf water status, and antioxidant defense system. Journal of Phytology (Accepted).
(48)Fatema K, Rasel M, Islam MM, Begum SN, Azam MG, Hossain MA, Hassan L(2021) Evaluation of Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Genotypes Grown Under Combined Salinity and Submergence Stresses Based on Vegetative Stage Phenotyping. Acta Biologica Szegediensis (Accepted).
(47)Sikdar R, Azad MAK, Hossain MA (2021) Diallel analysis of combining ability and heterosis for yield and yield attributes in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Journal of Molecular Plant Breeding (accepted).
(46)Islam MR, Bilkis S, Hoque TS, Uddin S, Jahiruddin M, Rahman MM, Rahman MM, Alhomrani M, Gaber A, Hossain MA(2021) Mineralization of farm manures and slurries for successive release of carbon and nitrogen in incubated soils varying in moisture status under controlled laboratory conditions. Agriculture 11(9):846. https://doi.org/10.3390/agriculture11090846
(45)Islam MR, Akter A, Hoque MA, Farzana S, Uddin S, Talukder MMH, Alsanie WF, Gaber A, Hossain MA(2021) Lime and organic manure amendment: a potential approach for sustaining crop productivity of the T. aman-maize-fallow cropping pattern in acidic piedmont soils. Sustainability13 (17):9808. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13179808
(44)Harine IJ, Islam MR, Hossain M, Afroz H, Jahan R, Siddique AB, Uddin S, Hossain MA, Alamri S, Siddiqui MH, Henry RJ (2021) Arsenic accumulation in rice grain as influenced by water management: human health risk assessment. Agronomy 11(9):1741.https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11091741
(43)Islam MR, Jahan R, Uddin S, Harine IJ, Hoque MA, Hassan S, Hassan MM, Hossain MA (2021) Lime and organic manure amendment enhances crop productivity of Wheat–Mungbean–T. Aman cropping pattern in acidic piedmont soils. Agronomy 11(8):1595. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11081595
(42)Shrestha J, Subedi S, Timsina KP, Subedi S, Pandey M, Shrestha A, Shrestha S and Hossain MA (2021) Sustainable intensification in agriculture: an approach for making agriculture greener and productive. Journal of Nepal Agricultural Research Council 17:133-150.
(41)Rai GK, Parveen A, Jamwal G, Basu U, Kumar RR, Rai PK, Sharma JP, Alalawy AI, Al-Duais MA, Hossain MA, Habib ur Rahman M, Raza A, Danish S, Sakran MI(2021) Leaf proteome response to drought stress and antioxidant potential in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Atmosphere 12(8):1021. https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos12081021
(40) Islam MR, Bilkis S, Hoque TS, Uddin S, Jahiruddin M, Rahman MM, Siddique AB, Hossain MA, Danso Marfo T, Danish S and Datta R(2021) Mineralization of farm manures and slurries under aerobic and anaerobic conditions for subsequent release of phosphorus and sulphur in soil. Sustainability 13(15):8605. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13158605
(39) EL Sabagh A, Islam MS, Skalicky M, Ali Raza M, Singh K, Hossain MA, Hossain A, Mahboob W, Iqbal MA, Ratnasekera D, Singhal RK, Ahmed S, Kumari A, Wasaya A, Sytar O, Brestic M, ÇIG F, Erman M, Habib Ur Rahman M, Ullah N and Arshad A (2021) Salinity Stress in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in the Changing Climate: Adaptation and Management Strategies. Frontiers in Agronomy 3:661932. https://doi.org/10.3389/fagro.2021.661932
(38)Sikdar R, Azad MAK, Bhuiya SH, Arefin KS, Shohag MMH, Hossain MA (2021) Combining ability and heterosis studies for oil and healthy fatty acid composition in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Plant Science Today 8(3):732-740. https://doi.org/10.14719/pst.2021.8.3.1239
(37)Islam S, Hassan L and Hossain MA (2021) Breeding potential of some exotic tomato lines: a combined study of morphological variability, genetic divergence and association of traits. Phyton-International Journal of Experimental Botany 91(1):97-114. DOI:10.32604/phyton.2022.017251
(36) Sabagh AEL, Alam MA, Skalicky M, Kabir MR, Hossain MM, Hakim MA, Islam MR, Anwar MB, Hossain A, Hassan F, Mohammadein A, Iqbal MA, Brestic M, Hossain MA, Hakeem KR (2021) Phenotypic and molecular assessment of wheat genotypes tolerant to leaf blight, rust and blast diseases. Phyton-International Journal of Experimental Botany 90(4):1301-1320. doi:10.32604/phyton.2021.016015
(35) Akter S, Jahan I, Hossain MA, Hossain MA(2021)Laboratory-and Field-Phenotyping for Drought Stress Tolerance and Diversity Study in Lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). Phyton-International Journal of Experimental Botany 90(3): 949-970.doi:10.32604/phyton.2021.014411
(34) Hossain MA, Islam MM, Emon RM, Rana MS, Hossain MA, Uddin MI, Malek MA, Khan NA, and Nuruzzaman M (2020) Microsatellite-based DNA fingerprinting and genetic analysis of some selected Aus rice (Oryza sativa L.) genotypes. Annals of Agricultural and Crop Sciences 5(3):1066
(33) Rahman MM, Jahan I, Al Noor MM, Tuzzohora MF, Sohag AAM, Raffi SA, Islam MM, Burritt D and Hossain MA(2020)Potential determinants of salinity tolerance in rice (Oryza Sativa L.) and modulation of tolerance by exogenous ascorbic acid application. Journal of Phytology 12: 86-98.DOI: https://doi.org/10.25081/jp.2020.v12.6535
(32)Hoque T S, Afrin S, Jahan I, Abedin Mian MJ and Hossain MA (2020) Vertical distribution of soil nutrients under different land use systems in Bangladesh. Journal of Aridland Agriculture 6:6-12. https://doi.org/10.25081/jaa.2020.v6.6438
(31) Rasel M, Tahjib-Ul-Arif M, Hossain MA, Hassan L, Farzana S, Brestic M(2020) Screening of salt-tolerant rice landraces by seedling stage phenotyping and dissecting biochemical determinants of tolerance mechanism. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation.https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-020-10235-9
(30)Sohag AAM, Tahjib-Ul-Arif M, Polas MAS, Chowdhury MB, Afrin S, Burritt DJ, Murata Y, Hossain MA and Hossain MA(2020) Exogenous glutathione mediated drought stress tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.) is associated with lower oxidative damage and favorable ionic homeostasis. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science 44:955–971. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40995-020-00917-0
(29)Jahan I, Rahman MM, Tuzzohora MF, Hossain MA, Begum SN, Burritt DJ and Hossain MA (2020) Phenotyping of mungbean (Vigna radiata L.) genotypes against salt stress and assessment of variability for yield and yield attributing traits. Journal of Plant Stress Physiology 6: 7-17.
(28) Shirazi Z, Abedi A, Kordrostami M, Burritt DJ and Hossain MA(2019) Genome-wide identificaiton and characterization of the metal tolerance protein(MTP) family in grape (Vitis vinifera L.) 3 Biotech 9:199.10.1007/s13205-019-1728-2
(27)Mostofa MG, Hossain MA, Fujita M and Tran LSP (2017) Phenotypical, physiological and biochemical analyses provide insight into selenium-induced phytotoxicity in rice plants. Chemosphere 178:212-223.10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.03.046
(26)Hossain MA, ZG Li, Hoque TS, Burritt DJ, Fujita M and Munné-Bosch S (2017) Heat or cold priming-induced cross-tolerance to abiotic stresses in plants: key regulators and possible mechanisms. Protoplasma 255:399-412. 10.1007/s00709-017-1150-8
(25) Akram S, Hussain BMN, Bari MAA, Hossain MA and Tran LSP (2017) Exogenous glutathione modulates salinity tolerance of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] at reproductive stage. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 36:877-888.10.1007/s00344-017-9691-9
(24) Hoque TS, Hossain MA, Mostofa MG, Burritt DJ, Fujita M and Tran L-SP (2016) Methylglyoxal: An Emerging Signaling Molecule in Plant Abiotic Stress Responses and Tolerance. Frontiers in Plant Science 7:1341. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2016.01341
(23)Akram S, Hussain BMN, Bari MAA, Burritt DJ and Hossain MA (2016) Genetic variability and association analysis of soybean (Glycine max L. (Merrill) for yield and yield attributing traits. Plant Gene and Trait 7(13): 1-11.
(22)Hussain BMN, Akram S, Raffi SA, Burritt DJ and Hossain MA (2016) Exogenous glutathione improves salinity stress tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Gene and Trait 8:1-17.
(21)Hasan MM, Bari MAA and Hossain MA (2016) Genetic variability and traits association analysis of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.) genotypes for yield and quality attributes. Universal Journal of Plant Science 4:23-34.
(20)Hossain MA, Bhattacharjee S, Armin SM, Qian P, Xin W, Li H-Y, Burritt DJ, Fujita M and Tran LSP (2015)Hydrogen peroxide-priming modulates abiotic oxidative stress tolerance: insights from ROS detoxification and scavenging. Frontiers in Plant Science 6:420. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2015.00420
(19)Mostofa MG, Hossain MA, Fujita M and Tran LS (2015) Physiological and biochemical mechanism associated with trehalose-induced copper-stress tolerance in rice. Scientific Reports 5: 11433. doi.org/10.1038/srep11433
(18)Mostofa MG, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2015) Trehalose pretreatment induces salt tolerance in rice seedlings: oxidative damage and co-induction of antioxidant defense and glyoxalase systems. Protoplsasma 252(2):461-475. 10.1007/s00709-014-0691-3
(17) Anjum NA, Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA, Thangavel P, Roychoudhury A, Gill SS, Rodrigo MAM, Adam V, Fujita M, Kizek R, Duarte AC, Pereira E and Ahmad I (2015) Jacks of metal/metalloid chelation trade in plants—an overview. Frontiers in Plant Science 6:192 https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2015.00192
(16)Hossain MA, Mostofa MG, Burritt DJ and Fujita M (2014) Modulation of reactive oxygen species and methylglyoxal detoxification systems by exogenous glycinebetaine and proline improves drought tolerance in mustard (Brassica juncea L.). International Journal of Plant Biology and Research 2(2):2014.
(15) Hossain MA and Fujita M (2013) Hydrogen peroxide priming stimulates drought tolerance in mustard (Brassica juncea L.). Plant Gene and Trait 4:109-123.
(14)Hossain MA, Mostofa MG and Fujita M (2013) Cross protection by cold-shock to salinity and drought stress-induced oxidative stress in mustard (Brassica campestris L.) seedlings. Molecular Plant Breeding 4:50-70.
(13)Hossain MA, MostofaMG and Fujita M (2013) Heat-shock positively modulates oxidative protection of salt and drought-stressed mustard (Brassica campestris L.) seedlings. Journal of Plant Science and Molecular Breeding 2(2):1-14.
(12)Hossain MA, Piyatida P, Teixeira da Silva JA and Fujita M (2012)Molecular mechanism of heavy metal toxicity and tolerance in plants: central role of glutathione in detoxification of reactive oxygen species and methylglyoxal and in heavy metal chelation. Journal of Botany, vol. 2012, Article ID 872875, 37 pages, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/872875
(11)Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2012) Exogenous selenium pretreatment protects rapeseed seedlings from cadmium-induced oxidative stress by up-regulating antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification systems. Biological Trace Element Research 149: 248-261.10.1007/s12011-012-9419-4
(10)Hossain MA, Hasanuzzaman M and Fujita M (2011) Coordinate induction of antioxidant defense and glyoxalase system by exogenous proline and glycinebetaine is correlated with salt tolerance in mung bean. Frontiers of Agriculture in China 5(1): 1-14.
(9)Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2011) Selenium-induced up-regulation of the antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification system reduces salinity-induced damage in rapeseed seedlings. Biological Trace Element Research 143: 1704-1721.10.1007/s12011-011-8958-4
(8)Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2011) Nitric oxide modulates antioxidant defense and the methylglyoxal detoxification system and reduces salinity-induced damage of wheat seedlings. Plant Biotechnology Reports 5(4): 353-365. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11816-011-0189-9
(7)Hossain MA, Hasanuzzaman M and Fujita M (2010) Up-regulation of antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification system by exogenous glycinebetaine and proline confer tolerance to cadmium stress in mung bean seedlings. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 16 (3): 259-272.10.1007/s12298-010-0028-4
(6)Hossain MA and Fujita M (2010) Evidence for a role of exogenous glycinebetaine and proline in antioxidant defense and methylglyoxal detoxification systems in mung bean seedlings under salt stress. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 16(1): 19-29.
(5) Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA and M Fujita (2010) Physiological and biochemical mechanisms of nitric oxide induced abiotic stress tolerance in plants. American Journal of Plant Physiology 5: 295-324.
(4) Hasanuzzaman M, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2010) Selenium in higher plants: physiological role, antioxidant metabolism and abiotic stress tolerance. Journal of Plant Sciences 5: 354-375.
(3) Rohman MM, Hossain MA and Fujita M (2010) Levels of a dominant glutathione S-transferase in onion bulbs have a seasonal relationship with physiological inhibitors. Australian Journal of Crop Science 4(1):55-62.
(2)Hossain MA and Fujita M (2009) Purification of glyoxalase I from onion bulbs and molecular cloning of its cDNA. Bioscience Biotechnology and Biochemistry 73(9):2007-2013. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.90194
(1) Hossain MA, Hossain MZ and Fujita M (2009) Stress-induced changes of methylglyoxal level and glyoxalase I activity in pumpkin seedlings and cDNA cloning of glyoxalase I gene. Australian Journal of Crop Science 3 (2):53-64.
|Total Number: 5|
(1)First International Conference on Biotechnology, 25-26 May, 2013, Organized by Global Network of Bangladeshi Biotechnologists, Dhaka, Bangladesh
(2)Metabolomics 2010, 27 June- I July, 2010, Organized by International Metabolomics Society, Amsterdam, The Netherland.
(3)4th international symposium on “Signals, sensing and plant primary metabolism”, October 6-9, 2010, organized by The European Plant Science Organization, Posdam, Germany
(4)The 3rd International Conference on Integrated Approaches to Improve Crop Production Under Drought-Prone Environments, October 11-16, 2009, Shanghai, China, Organized by Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences (SAAS) and Shanghai Agrobiological Gene Center(SAGC)
(5)5th International Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology conference, December 4-6, Dhaka, Bangladesh, organized by Bangladesh Association for Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology
|No patent information available..|